Wednesday, December 29, 2010

100 recipes and A Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the First Day of Christmas my true love gave to me….

Four really expensive steaks to cook! Talk about pressure! Oh, and it was Christmas dinner! Oh, and it was my one hundredth recipe!

But, you know what….I did it! I cooked Grilled Filet Mignon with Horseradish Sauce (pg. 232 and 210) on my amazing grill pan and it was delicious. I mean really, really good! I didn't over cook them. The timing for the meal went well (we also had peas, potatoes, rolls). Now, my pan was a little too hot in the beginning and I had a scary moment there where the smoke detectors might go off but husband opened the back door, we turned on the vent and in a few minutes everything was okay.

I did it! I got to 100 recipes by Christmas Day. In total, I cooked 12 recipes the week of Christmas! I think I'll take tomorrow off.

Recipes cooked: 101
Recipes left: 72
Days left: 70

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations! I am hoping to get back to cooking recipes this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a rock star, Amy. Congratulations! I'm proud of you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete