Friday, December 24, 2010

Curbside Service

Monday night I made Vegetable Jalfrezi (pg. 77), Jamie's Light and Fluffy Rice (pg. 95) and turned that into Cilantro and Lime rice on page 96.

Now, if you've been reading my blog for awhile you know I have talked about rice a lot. So much that I was convinced I had already tried Jamie's Fluffy Rice recipe but my very diligent notes (there are spreadsheets and calendars, people!) indicate that I have not. I was super excited to check three things off my list.

Rice: I can't believe I'm going to say this but it went off without a hitch! Shocking!
Here's how Jamie does it….

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/rice-recipes/light-and-fluffy-rice


Cilantro & Lime add-ons:
Once the rice was done I added a mixture of lime zest, chopped cilantro and lime juice and gave it a good stir. Drizzle over a bit of olive oil, sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste and give it another stir. It was tasty!

Curry: This curry was fun to make and tasted really good. It has butternut squash, cauliflower, red peppers, tomatoes and garbanzo beans as the main ingredients. Its a great vegetarian dish and I was very surprised how filling the squash and beans could be. Even your meat-loving friends will enjoy it. I couldn't get the kids to try it but I think I'd still make it again. Here's the link:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/curry-recipes/vegetable-jelfrazi

Now this recipe makes a TON of curry. We had so much left over that I texted my neighbor to see if she wanted some too….

Me: have u eaten yet & do u like curry? hav some veggie jalfrezi leftover
Neighbor: No and yes!
She was so excited she called to confirm the pick up details. She was on her way home from work and would be pulling into the neighborhood in a few minutes. She pulled into my driveway and when she gave the signal, I ran out with a to-go bag (complete with plain yogurt, cilantro and lemon on the side) in my fuzzy lavender slippers.

Sharing is fun!

Recipes cooked: 93
Recipes left: 80
Days left: 75

2 comments:

  1. It was just what I needed after a long day at work and a head cold starting. It was delicious and Amy was a life saver! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, how cool! Sounds yummy, too.

    ReplyDelete