Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Full Monty

On Christmas Eve Morning, I made Jamie's Healthier Full Monty (pg. 298). The title of this recipe of course makes me think of the naked men in the 90's English movie by the same name. And that then makes me remember that Jamie Oliver's nickname is the Naked Chef. Ha! Ha! Too funny. Now what naked men and breakfast have in common I'm not quite sure so I do a little googling to find out that Full Monty is English slang for "the whole lot" or "complete" (as in completely nude). An American equivalent might be the phrase "the whole nine yards" or "the whole ball of wax" or "the whole enchilada." You get the idea. So, now I understand. He means the complete English breakfast, not naked guys in a calendar. :)
So, Jamie's breakfast consists of poached eggs, bacon, sausage, tomatoes, portobello mushrooms, baked beans, and toast. The bacon, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms he does under the broiler (healthier than the traditional method of frying). I confess, on this particular morning I skipped the baked beans because I knew on one would eat them with me. My poached eggs still need work but I'm getting better. I really want to master this because they are very tasty. It was good and reminded husband and I of the hotel and B&B breakfasts during our first anniversary trip to London many moons ago.
Recipes cooked: 99
Recipes left: 74
Days left: 71

No comments:

Post a Comment