Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to School Cookies

I can't tell you how many cookie recipes I've tried looking for the one that would be my go-to recipe. This Jamie recipe on page 336 might be the one. On kid's first day back to school I thought it might be motherly of me to make some cookies for after school.
It also seemed like a great opportunity to have a first cooking experience with the little guy. I measured out all of the ingredients so he'd just need to hop up on his stool and pour them in.
One of the reasons I really like this recipe is that you can whip up the dough in the food processor in no time. But, as soon as I pulled out the food processor, the baby freaked (even though we were no where near an outlet) and I found myself alone in the kitchen while he sang to himself with his hands over his ears in a distant room far from my pre-measured ingredients.
Me, myself and I poured the pre-measured ingredients into the food processor, whizzed it around for a minute and I had my dough. It chilled in the freezer for 30 minutes and then I sliced it and stuck it in the oven. It was so easy! For this one I mixed in lemon and orange zest but I will definitely try it again with another mix in. Everyone loved the cookies and they were a big hit at the school lunch table the next day too.
Recipes cooked: 49
Recipes left: 124
Days left: 193

2 comments:

  1. I sympathize with the little guy. I cry when I have to use the food processor too, but mostly because I don't like to clean it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I don't like to clean it either!

    ReplyDelete