Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Parcel of Goodness

During my Revolution hiatus I think I mentioned that we watched a lot of Jamie Oliver Cooking shows. In addition to reruns on the Cooking Channel I also checked Netflix. The only Jamie Oliver thing on Netflix is something called "Jamie Oliver: Happy Days Live." Its like a live Jamie "concert." Husband and I were shocked that there were cooking concerts. On stage was a full set of his apartment with a kitchen and sitting area. Guests were called up to help cook and there were a few videos too. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? Some of the story lines were a bit silly but I enjoyed every minute of Jamie. As always he was charming, funny and great with his audience. One of the meals he makes is a meal in a bag for his wife and this recipe is a bit like that one, Salmon Baked in a Foil Parcel with Green Beans and Pesto, pg. 248. It was simple, good for you and it was such a big hit I didn't make enough! I was sure my daughter wasn't going to go for it. She loves seafood and all kinds of fish but salmon has never been her favorite so I just made two parcels. She loved it and we had to share with her. I hope you'll give this one a try too. You won't be disappointed. Just a quick note, I had to stick one of them back in the oven twice for about 10 extra minutes, probably because it was pretty thick. Jamie says cook for 15 minutes but allow extra time in case you need to stick them back in the oven.
I was really bummed to see that this one wasn't on the website for me to link to, luckily Sky TV in England has it on their website. Here's conversion info:
2x 7 oz salmon fillets
oven temp: 400F

http://www.skytv.co.nz/Default.aspx?tabid=615&art_id=19138
Recipes cooked: 46
Recipes left: 127
Days left: 209

1 comment:

  1. this one sounds yummy, I think I'll try it. Love you- Caryn

    ReplyDelete