Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Huge Moment

One of the reasons that I started this Food Revolution in my kitchen was to learn to be a better cook. Part of my definition of a good cook is someone that can, on occasion, improvise and come up with something without necessarily having to look up a recipe, right down the ingredients and make a special trip to the store. One night, last Wednesday to be exact, I needed a veggie dish to go with dinner. I looked around and basically came up with a bag of broccoli in the freezer. As I started to steam it on the stove, I thought, "What can I do with this broccoli?" Since I'm still trying to catch up from my summer hiatus I tried to think of a recipe in Jamie's book that I could check off of my list and I remembered the Broccoli with Asian Dressing recipe. I looked it up (pg. 220) and glanced down the ingredient list. It looked like I had everything, another first! My kitchen was finally showing signs of being "well-stocked." But it called for a pound of broccoli and we definitely didn't need that much so I was going to have to do a bit of math, and some taste testing. When I set the finished product on the table, it looked like the picture and tasted great. I was so proud of myself!
Recipes cooked: 51
Recipes left: 122
Days left: 192

No comments:

Post a Comment