Monday, September 13, 2010

Labor Day Potato Salad

Yummy! Finally! I felt like I was on a losing streak and then I threw together this easy potato salad, Jamie's "Evolution Potato Salad" on page 111. Now I've never made potato salad but it conjures up images of a huge sack of potatoes and me peeling, peeling, peeling. Labor. Lots of Labor. "Easy" and "potato salad" are not two words I would have put together in the same sentence. The perfect recipe for a Labor Day cookout, right? The recipe calls for those baby potatoes and I picked up some nice red ones at our produce stand. I asked if anyone minded if I kept the skin on, they said no. After throwing my baby potatoes into a pot of salted water I got my dressing ready by mixing olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper. Easy! The little potatoes just needed about 15 minutes to cook then I drained them, tossed them with the dressing and added the rest of the ingredients: chives, lemon zest, plain yogurt and cut up bacon. This was so good and went great with our burgers from the grill. Best of all, no labor! I don't think the kid has ever tried potato salad but she loved this and scarfed it up!
Recipes cooked: 54
Recipes left: 119
Days left: 180

1 comment: