Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Newest Gadget Delivers

At the beginning of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution there is an Essentials list for what items you should have in your kitchen. When I started this project seven months ago, I looked the list over carefully and noted which of his "essentials" I didn't have in my cabinets. One of these, a grill pan, I asked for when my birthday came around in August. This pan is now one of my favorite things to use in the kitchen. I used it to make the Chicken Fajitas last week and I used it to make the Butterflied Steak Sarnie on page 25 this week. This is a really special recipe for two reasons. It happens to be the first recipe in the book, which means it must be special to Jamie Oliver and its special to me because it was the first time I had ever cooked a steak. I've prepared steaks and handed them off to my husband to cook on the grill many, many times but I'd never made one myself until now. And I must say, now that I have my new grill pan I know it won't be the last!
It was a night of firsts in Amy's Kitchen and instead of being stressed I had lots and lots of fun!
Recipes cooked: 67
Recipes left: 106
Days left: 130

1 comment: