Friday, March 18, 2011

New Beginning Soup

I distinctly remember last March when I started my Food Revolution looking at this recipe, Spring Vegetable and Bean Soup (pg. 128), on the first day of spring and thinking that I should make it. But, making soup seemed like it would be so hard then and I decided to skip it. Now, its March 1, just 361 days later, and spring is just around the corner. I have just four days left in my adventure and soup doesn't phase me one bit. "They" say that spring is a time of rebirth, renewal, new beginnings and I definitely am looking at a new beginning as this spring approaches. What a great year I've had! I'm excited for spring this year. Even though this adventure is coming to an end, I know the new beginning of something else is just around the corner.

Happy Spring!

Recipes cooked: 164
Recipes left: 9
Days left: 4

3 comments:

  1. are you going to keep cooking? will you use some of these recipes as standards in your kitchen? will you pick a new book to try?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring really is just around the corner....my chives are already growing! No doubt they will get snowed on at least once more, but it's still exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie...You'll have to wait just a couple more days to see what happens :)

    ReplyDelete