Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Homework Part 2


The second part of my homework was to make sure I had all of the kitchen essentials and also get rid of all the unnecessary gadgets lying around. (Boy, did I have a lot of those.) The idea is to clear your space and make it conducive to cooking efficiently. Getting rid of all the excess gadgets was the real chore. While cleaning I found several things I couldn't identify along with duplicates or pieces to gadgets I'd already gotten rid of long ago. I checked off the things I had and found that there were really just a few things I needed to complete his list: an electric kettle, potato masher, ice cream scoop (I found two broken ones while cleaning) and a box grater. A few quick shopping trips and I was set. Over the last few weeks I've also really been thinking about where I keep things in the kitchen. Does the bread maker need to sit out on the counter all of the time? I use to keep my garlic press in with my flatware but I was always running to get it when I wanted to squeeze a clove into a heated pan to saute so I moved it so it was closer to my stove. I have a baking drawer that was running over with cookie cutters so I got a big bin and I threw all the cookie cutters in there so now I can see what is actually in the drawer. Now that my homework is all done, I think we are ready to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment