Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Chicken to Impress Your Friends!


The Menu:
Stuffed Cypriot Chicken
Pan-fried Asparagus & Vine Tomatoes
Cabbage Salad
St. Clement's Drink
Vanilla Ice Cream Float


One thing that I love about Meals in Minutes is the accompanying videos online to help with various techniques. This video on stuffing the cypriot chicken for this recipe saved me. 


Mine still did not come out all neat and tidy but I can't imagine how bad it would have been if I hadn't watched the video. I am already excited to try this one again because even with the stuffing falling out, this chicken ROCKS! The stuffing is a delicious mix of Italian parsley, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, feta cheese and lemon zest that you whiz up in a food processor before stuffing it into the chicken breasts. It tastes like you are eating al fresco on a hillside in Tuscany and would be a great meal to make if you had company. It is unique and different without being too much work and have I mentioned how good it is yet?





This whole meal has everything: a main course, two sides, a drink and a dessert.  Despite the fact that the five recipes seemed a bit overwhelming at first, it was still one of the most fun meals to prepare so far. It is also a great one to get the kids involved in (except for the chicken stuffing part). My oldest made the St. Clement's drink all by herself while I told her Jamie's story of how he used to make it when he was her age for the people in his families' pub. Don't be surprised if you pull up to my house one day and she is serving this curbside at a fancy lemonade stand!



Meals cooked: 19
Meals left: 31
Weeks left: 9





No comments:

Post a Comment