Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Crab Imperial

For July’s second challenge, “share a staple dish from your country,” I decided to go a step further and do a recipe from my region of the USA. Raised in the great state of Maryland, I knew the dish I picked had to have Maryland Blue Crab in it. Below is my great grandmother’s recipe for Crab Imperial.

Lena’s Crab Imperial

Ingredients

Imperial
1 Tbsp green pepper (diced small)
1 Tbsp pimento (diced small)
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
6 saltine crackers
1 egg (slightly beaten)
1/2 tsp Old Bay (or more if you’re a fan of Old Bay!)
1 lb lump crab meat

Topping
2 egg yolks
2 Tbsp mayonnaise

Mix all of the above Imperial ingredients except the crab meat. Add the crab last and fold in gently. Put the mixture in an oven proof casserole. 

Now for the topping…

Mix together 2 egg yolks and 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise. Spread this over the top.


Bake at 425 degrees about 1/2 hour.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment