Monday, November 30, 2015

Fall Favorite #3: Simple Chili

 My third and final Fall Favorite recipe is a chili recipe that I have been using forever. I’m not sure where I got it or even what it originally looked like since I’ve tweaked it several times. What I love about this recipe is that the ingredients are simple and few. It makes for an easy and quick fall dish that tastes like comfort food without a lot of effort.

Happy Cooking!

Amy

 

Simple Chili

serves 8

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 cup diced onion

2 cloves of minced garlic (I recommend using a garlic press if you have one)

1 pound lean ground beef (can also substitute ground turkey for turkey chili)

1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes

2 (15 oz) cans of kidney beans

2 tablespoons of chili powder (more or less depending on your preference)

1 tablespoon of white vinegar

salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1. In a large pot, sauté garlic and onion in olive oil until soft.

2. Add the ground beef and brown. Pour off excess fat.

3. Stir in crushed tomatoes, beans, chili powder and white vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.

4. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat and cover.

5. Simmer 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment