Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Omelettes, OMG!

An Omelette(or omelet, both spellings are correct apparently, we'll go with Jamie's spelling for this entry) looks so challenging doesn't it? People make such a big deal about making or rather destroying an omelette. I watched a Jamie Oliver video that gave some really good pointers about how to make one and it just seems like something a good cook should master. I've included the link below. We had eaten out a lot over the weekend and I was looking for something light and easy to make for dinner on Sunday night. I had never really made an omelette before. I may have put one together accidentally but I've never set out to construct the incredible edible omelette. Jamie includes four recipes for them in his book (pg. 314) and I had ingredients to make two of them, the Bacon Omelette and the Tomato & Basil omelette. I decided to make one of each and we'd share them. I tackled the bacon one first. The eggs did just what Jamie said they would do and it turned out very pretty, if I do say so myself. I started to make the second one and it didn't fall into place as nicely and I ended up with a scrambled egg mixture thing. I really don't know what I did wrong. Maybe the pan had gotten too hot between the first one and the second one? Jamie talks a lot about having a pan that is heated well on a low heat so maybe that's what happen. Either way, both tasted great and the basil make the kitchen smell so yummy! So, give it a go this week and see how you do!

http://www.jamieoliver.com/about/jamie-oliver-videos/ministry-of-food-omelettes

Recipes cooked: 17
Recipes left: 156
Days left: 321

1 comment:

  1. ooh that looks good! and i have eggs and cheddar cheese already. i am so trying this out tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete