Sunday, May 30, 2010

The King of Burgers

My dad's cheeseburgers are famous. They are rumored to have magical powers. One friend "wooed" a guy by inviting him to my house for my dad's amazing hamburgers. They are delicious and I've never been able to duplicate them. When tackling Jamie's Cracking Burger recipe (pg. 146) this week I was hoping they would be different enough as to not compete with the Master!
I made them ahead of time while the baby was napping and the kid was still at school. They were so easy and everyone loved them! Now I'm not sure they possess magical powers like my dad's burgers but just like I'd hoped, they were different enough from my dad's that I didn't feel guilty liking them too!

Check out the link below and give them a try tomorrow for your Memorial Day BBQ.
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/beef-recipes/a-cracking-burger

Recipes cooked: 29
Recipes left: 144
Days left: 284

2 comments:

  1. the actual cooking of the burger has long plagued me, so i like that oliver is specific about the size of the burgers, the heat, how long you cook, etc. I think those elements are key. He says to heat the pan on high and then lower to medium and put the burgers on - when you lowered to medium did you wait at all (for the pan to lower overall temp) or did you put the burgers right on as the pan was still hot but was going to lower...does that make sense?

    and he says drizzle with olive oil - did you do this step?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did do the olive oil and it was great. I didn't cook them in a pan though, did them on the grill instead.

    ReplyDelete