Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"Mom, if we don't like something...."

"Mom, if we don't like something its just because kids can taste better than grown ups." Really? Is this really what she's using as an excuse tonight? Its Sunday night, my dinner is beautiful! Picture perfect. It went off without a hitch (if you don't count the minor squabble with the plastic wrap)...until it got on the table. Its ham and cheese over chicken. What's not to like?!!?
So here's the scoop on "Parmesan Chicken Breasts with Crispy Posh Ham" (pg. 242). I think I spotted Jamie making this recipe in one of the Food Revolution episodes. I watched the you tube video, had most of the ingredients on hand and pulled this together pretty quickly. Its a great recipe to try and I think MOST kids would really like it. I may try it again using a little less thyme on the kids' pieces, I think this is what she wasn't crazy about.
Here's the you tube video. I love watching the video on my laptop while I cook. It feels like he's right there!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2SWnvRiXO0
Here's the recipe.
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/parmesan-chicken-breasts-with-crispy-pos_1
Let me know what you think!
Recipes cooked: 33
Recipes left: 140
Days left: 265

4 comments:

  1. I loved this recipe as well, but my son thought it was just ok. I guess it's geared toward a more adult palate. Have you tried the Crunchy Garlic Chicken recipe yet? He liked that one a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we did try the Crunchy Garlic Chicken! It was one of my first ones and everyone loved it. Thanks so much for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks really good and super easy. my issue is getting the correct heat. he says "medium" but the chicken really sizzles when he puts it in the pan so I'm not sure if his idea and mine match up. Do you have an electric stove? If so, what number did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not the best person to ask about this but I think I did about a 5.

    ReplyDelete