Thursday, July 8, 2010

Chocolate for Breakfast

Also while the kids were away, I made two more oatmeal recipes. The one I was most excited about was the "Dark Chocolate and Seville Orange Marmalade." (pg.300)Yum! Who wouldn't like chocolate for breakfast, right? I started with the same quick cooking oats I had been using for the others and was quite proud of myself when I succeeded in whipping it up with no boil overs, no charred bottom! Success! In the last minute of cooking I added a 1/2 ounce of chocolate and a few tablespoons of orange marmalade. It smelled great, looked great but I was not a fan when I tasted it. Now, I've never liked chocolate and orange together so I think maybe next time I'd try it with another kind of preserves.
The next morning, I made just the basic oatmeal (pg. 300) and put some yummy blueberries and strawberries on top. Again, success in cooking it with no boil overs and no sticky bottoms.
Tasty!
Recipes cooked: 39
Recipes left: 134
Days left: 250

No comments:

Post a Comment