Thursday, July 8, 2010

Vindaloo

While the kids were at Grandma's for their annual Grandma Vacation a couple of weeks ago, we took the opportunity to whip up another yummy curry dish. Jamie says Vindaloo is a childhood favorite of his and that its the dish that made him a chile lover. I kind of wimped out in the chile department but I would definitely make this again and maybe be a bit braver next time. I was a tad skeptical about adding the large pieces of tomato but they cooked down great and were really, really yummy. It was so nice to make it together with hubby in a nice quiet kitchen with no time table or hungry bellies fussing in the background. We took our time cooking and finally wandered outside with our vindaloo close to nine o'clock that night. The two of us ate outside, in the dark, and washed it down with a cold beer. Outstanding!
Recipes cooked: 37
Recipes left: 136
Days left: 252

1 comment:

  1. Vindaloo is typically one of the hotter curries...which is probably why I haven't tried this recipe yet. LOL. But I swear I will soon!

    ReplyDelete