Thursday, July 8, 2010

Delicious Chopped Salsa-ness

A few weeks ago, husband had some co-workers and their families over before we all went to the company picnic. Since we were going to eat, I wanted to offer everyone a light appetizer. Normally, I would head to Trader Joe's and grab some stuff to pass off as my own but this time, I decided to tackle the task myself. I made Jamie's tomato salsa (pg. 273). Now there was a lot of chopping involved and it took two of us to do it in a reasonable amount of time but 6 tomatoes, 1 clove of garlic, 2 scallions, a tad of red chili, a small handful of cilantro, later and it was a bright colorful bowl of delicious chopped salsa-ness. Squeeze in a lime, about the same amount of olive oil, salt and pepper and give it a good stir. It was a huge hit and even kicked off a conversation about Amy's Food Revolution. Enjoy!
Recipes cooked: 36
Recipes left: 137
Days left: 259

No comments:

Post a Comment