Monday, September 27, 2010

Saying Goodbye to Tomatoes

Evolution Tomato Salad pg. 113
Let's say good bye to another summer friend. Tomatoes. I was excited to do this recipe because I've loved all of the other Evolution recipes, have I mentioned that before? I love that the base ingredients are very simple and I can count on having most of them on hand in my kitchen which makes me feel very smart and like a savvy chef. I can see all of the Evolution recipes helping me in a pinch to get something together quick for a potluck, picnic or a spontaneous dinner at a friends house. This one didn't disappoint me. I bought one of those cute little containers of tomato "medley" where they have all different sizes, shapes and colors. Beginning to end it took five minutes to make. Starting with about one and a half pounds of tomatoes, I cut the larger ones and then put them in a bowl. Next I added 6 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar. Tossed everything to coat and then scattered some basil leaves on top. Seasoned with salt and pepper. And I was done! You could also add black olives, white beans or tuna.
Recipes cooked: 58
Recipes left: 115
Days left: 164

No comments:

Post a Comment