Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall Arrives

Its kind of funny that my LAST "summer" ingredient is my FIRST "fall" ingredient! If someone had told me a year ago, when I was buying my favorite Trader Joe's Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup, that this year I would be making tomato soup (pg.133) I would have said you were crazy! Now this doesn't mean that I haven't already stocked up on one of my favorites at TJ's but I was really nervous to try to make one of my fall favorites. Who can resist hot tomato soup on a chilly fall day? So, I picked up the ingredients at the store without thinking about how intimidated I felt and got to work. Could I really make a smooth flavorful soup? Now when you put all of the ingredients in the pot (pre-mashing) it looks like the Stone Soup my daughter made it kindergarten. It smelled great but it looked awful! I also thought this was going to be one of those time consuming recipes that would take all day but it was ready in about a half hour. Baby boy was all situated in his chair with his hands over his ears humming a few rounds of Old MacDonald while I blended it with gadget #4 (really just an attachment to my hand mixer) and to my amazement tomato soup, hot creamy soup just as I imagined, appeared before my very eyes!
Victory!
Recipes cooked: 60
Recipes left: 113
Days left: 158

1 comment: