Saturday, November 27, 2010

Basil & Lemon Oil: Check!

On page 276 of Jamie's Food Revolution, he talks about flavored oils. There are four oils on this page that Jamie says can be knocked out in minutes and are perfect with any type of meat, shellfish or over a salad. After a quick calculation and a little panicking about my progress, I knew I needed to work on getting a few more recipes done before I left on vacation last week. I had the ingredients for the Basil and Lemon Oil and thought it would be nice and easy thing to whip up and put on our salad one night. I used a little food processor but you can also use a pestle and mortar or a blender. Eight tablespoons of olive oil, the juice of one lemon, a few springs of fresh basil, some salt and pepper and its done!
Recipes cooked: 77
Recipes left: 96
Days left: 109

No comments:

Post a Comment