Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Funny Pesto Story

The Kid sits beside one of her best friends (let's call her "U") for lunch nearly every day. Quite often she comes home and tells me that U's mom makes the best pasta ever! Now, I know U's mom does a lot of cooking and I imagine she's quite an amazing cook. I think there is no way I can ever live up to these expectations. After this happens a few more times I discover that it is Pasta with pesto. Okay, now we're getting somewhere. Next I find out that U has asked her mom to pack EXTRA pasta with pesto for the Kid the next time she makes it. So, I finally ask U's mom, "How do you make this amazing pesto?" She starts to laugh and says, "Its just out of a jar!"

So, this week, I MADE pesto. The Kid thought the fresh basil made the pesto a brighter green which she thought was "cool."
And guess what! At the end of dinner she said…
"Can we pack the leftovers in my lunch tomorrow?"
Smile.
Recipes cooked: 116
Recipes left: 57
Days left: 52

No comments:

Post a Comment