Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Kabobs Got Me

Everyone pitched in and we assembled Jamie's Pork Kabobs (pg. 238) last week. Even though I followed Jamie's advice and made sure there was plenty of room in between each piece on the skewer I still couldn't manage to get them to cook all the way around and ended up taking them off to make sure they were done. They turned out great and I really liked the super easy rub that is used to make them but I felt a bit defeated that I needed to take them off the skewer. I will need to try this again sometime.

It looks like Jamie cooked the pork kabob recipe on Good Morning America last April, the recipe is on their site…

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/recipe?id=10190962

And a great video of Jamie making them…

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/video/jamie-oliver-prepares-pork-kabobs-10329806


I also had on hand the ingredients for creamy leeks (pg. 223). They just weren't our thing and sadly, this was the first in 115 recipes that we didn't fight over the leftovers.

Recipes cooked: 115
Recipes left: 58
Days left: 53

1 comment:

  1. I'd say you've done pretty well going 115 recipes without one that your family didn't love. :)

    ReplyDelete