Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cold Mornings, Hot Fruit

Last weekend, I made Jamie's Stewed Fruit on page 319. There are so many great things about this recipe….

1. Its easy. Chop some fruit, put it in a saucepan with just a little water, add a bit of sugar to taste (Jamie suggests starting with just 2 teaspoons) and cook. And cook. And cook.
2. You can use whatever you have on hand. I used 3 pears, some frozen strawberries and added a bit of ginger.
3. It made my normally cold breakfast of yogurt and granola into a hot and comforting breakfast all week. It was so good I had a hard time sharing with the family.

Recipes cooked: 113
Recipes left: 60
Days left: 55

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how such a simple thing can be so wonderful, isn't it? I often throw fruit into a pot in the morning before work and it's still warm to eat by the time I get there. I've had so many comments from people in the office who never thought of stewing fruit. This morning I did a few apples and combined them with my plain oatmeal and a few slivered almonds. Mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete