Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mangled Mango

I made Jamie's Mango, Cucumber and Chile Salsa (pg. 272) for a party last Saturday. I was in charge of bringing Chips and Salsa. I chopped and mixed 10 minutes before I walked out the door. I cursed that mango the whole time. I do not like dealing with them but I love how they taste. They remind me of my honeymoon in St. Lucia where they are at every meal in abundance. I've watched quite a few "how-to" videos on how to deal with the contrary fruit and I understand the concept of how I should tackle it but I just can't seem to get the hang of it. Mine never look like they do in the videos, mine turn out to be a mangled mess. Despite my battles with the mango the salsa was bright, colorful and looked quite tasty. It was so hectic at the party that I didn't really get to taste it but it seemed to disappear so I hope that meant everyone liked it. I would like to make this one again and I think it would go really well on top of fish.
Recipes cooked: 120
Recipes left: 53
Days left: 49

1 comment: