Sunday, January 23, 2011

Five Spice Powder Road Block

Asian Chicken Noodle Broth (pg. 37) is from the Twenty-Minute Meals chapter and Jamie says that it is "just like something you can get in a posh noodle bar." The pictures in the book for this are very tempting and I've been wanting to make this for a long time but there was one ingredient, Five-Spice powder, that created a major cooking road block. I couldn't find it anywhere and husband and I made several unsuccessful trips to every store I could think of and then eventually a second trip to one of them to score the missing ingredient. Mine did look a lot like the picture and it really was fast to make but I'm not sure I'm at the "posh noodle bar" level yet.
Recipes cooked: 121
Recipes left: 52
Days left: 48

1 comment:

  1. The first time I made this I had to make my own blend of five spice...or should I say 'four spice' since I couldn't find one of the ingredients LOL.

    ReplyDelete