Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Newspaper Hunt

On the morning after my cooking class I got a message from a friend saying, "Great article in the Capital." What?!?!? I had answered some questions via email from a reporter but I had no idea it was out yet. I looked it up online and it was great! I was determined to find a hard copy. Oh, did I mention it was the day after the article was published? Oh, and did I mention it was a snow day and both kids were home!? Our first stop was the grocery store. No papers to be found. I asked at Customer Service and Marsha said, "Hey! Your picture was on the back of the paper! We thought that's why they went so fast!" Load both kids back in the car and head to the drug store. None. Drive down to the book store….none. Okay, the moms out there know what a huge effort this has been so far. I have gotten two kids in and out of the car, one is in a carseat, and slugged through the slushy ice three times now. Its getting to be lunch time and my brood is losing patience with me but I did buy them a little something at the book store to bribe them for one more stop. 7-Eleven. Oh, thank heaven for 7-Eleven. I pulled right up to the door and ran in. YES!!! 5 copies! I took them to the counter. The clerk asked, "You know those are yesterday's papers?" "Yes, its OK." "You want yesterday's papers?" "Yes, please." The guy behind me gives me a second look, "Hey! You're in the paper! I read that yesterday, great article." I'm so glad someone understands.

Here's the link…

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/news/fnw/2011/01/25-49/Mom-cooks-her-way-through-TV-chefs-cookbook.html

1 comment:

  1. It *is* a great article, about an awesome project. Congrats, cooker girl. (You can always call the Cap for back issues, btw.)

    ReplyDelete