Saturday, February 5, 2011

Leftover Overload

You'll notice the two entries about my class doesn't mention any new recipes. The need to make one recipe a day and the amount of leftovers in the fridge is really catching up with me. I tried to come up with a few to check off the list that wouldn't require more tupperware and fridge space while we had a few "leftover" nights. Like the super sauces, the oils on page 276 are a huge life saver for quick dinners that aren't boring during the week when you are short on time. These oils can be put on meat or fish but you can also use them over salads, they're a cross between a flavored oil and a dressing. To help make my recipe quota for the week, most of them I've used as a dressing over salad on the side. The last two I had to make were the Asian oil (fresh ginger, 1 T. soy sauce, 1 lime, a few sprigs of cilantro, 1/2 chile and 6 T. olive oil) and Chile and mint (1 chile, few sprigs mint, 8 T. oil, 1/2 lemon). Since we were playing "empty the fridge" this week I made these to go over my salad at lunch time. Both were quite tasty and easy to whip up. I'll definitely make them both again to try on meat.
Recipes cooked: 129
Recipes left: 44
Days left: 38

No comments:

Post a Comment