Sunday, February 6, 2011

Oscar the Grouch Soup

Remember how I told you that blending the previous soups was key to making them yummy and appetizing? Scratch that for this one. I should have know better and followed Jamie's lead by paying more attention to the pictures but I didn't. I ended up with something that looked the color of Oscar the Grouch and probably something that would have lived in his trash can. Don't get me wrong, Lentil and Spinach Soup (pg. 137) was just as tasty but blending the soup made it a bit of a mental challenge to eat. In Jamie's picture its colorful and looks fabulous, mine did not. It didn't really matter since it was just husband and I that ate it but I definitely made a "note to self" if I ever make this again, especially to give to someone.
Recipes cooked: 130
Recipes left: 43
Days left: 35

1 comment:

  1. yeah, i find that eating black bean soup is a bit of a mental challenge, even when it smells yummy and i know all of the ingredients. It still just doesn't look appetizing.

    ReplyDelete