Monday, February 21, 2011

Valentine's Day Part 1

Valentine's Day Part 1
My mom started a tradition with the Kid of celebrating her half-birthday which falls on Valentine's Day. When she was small we'd order half a cake from the bakery. For the last three years, we've had a Valentine's Day Tea Party for her and her friends. They dress up and I serve a traditional English Tea. I love tea. I love scones and tea sandwiches and little sugar cubes (those cool little pincher things are always the hit of the party). I knew when I bought Jamie's book 11 months ago that the Fruit Scone recipe (pg.331)would be saved until Valentine's Day and the 3rd annual Tea Party for Kid. Scones are so easy to make. Before my cooking adventure they were the only thing I could make and not screw up. This recipe was nice, easy, and made delicious scones. I made them that morning and cooked them just before the guests arrived. We topped them with Jam and Whipped Cream and of course served with tea and some fresh fruit. Here's a link to the recipe I used. Give it a try…

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1076329/Fruit-scones.html

Recipes cooked: 140
Recipes left: 33
Days left: 20

3 comments:

  1. yum! and what a lovely idea for the vday half birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gar - stupid metric system! I'll have to look online for a converter. I have no clue how much 120 grams is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you haven't bought the book yet!!!

    ReplyDelete