Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Scary Banana

One of my last desserts is Banana Tarte Tatin (pg. 334). Jamie has a great video online (see the link below) of him making this dessert. The same night I made the Roast Lamb dinner I also decided to make this easy dessert. After the fire incident the week before, I was a bit reluctant and honestly, scared, to give this a try but we had the ingredients and I really needed to do some catching up. We are less than two weeks from my deadline and I still have quite a lot of cooking to do. So, I got my wits about me as Jamie might say, and I just got in there and did it. I watched the video again while I was stirring the scalding caramel on the stovetop and kept in mind all of his safety tips as I went along. It did turn out quite good and I was really proud of myself that I was able to flip it over just like Jamie does. VICTORY!! So, the only problem really is that Kid doesn't like bananas, Husband doesn't like Caramel and I ended up eating a lot of it myself. Oh, well. Calories don't count if they are for a good cause, right?

Recipes cooked: 147
Recipes left: 26
Days left: 13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFjzLMb_36k

And here's the recipe on his website….

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fruit-recipes/banana-tarte-tatin?clicked_from_search_results=true&query=banana%20tarte%20tatin

1 comment:

  1. wow. you should have invited me over. i could have polished those bananas off in a flash! mmm bananas and caramel. seriously I MUST BUY THIS BOOK.

    ReplyDelete