Friday, May 20, 2016

Let’s Get Cooking

It’s Food Revolution Day! 

We’re going to start your Food Revolution with a bang and celebrate with the world. You’ve spent the past month getting on track and setting goals, getting inspired and finally getting your kitchen ready. Now, it is time to get cooking! I’m sure you are a bit scared. I was! I put off the start of my food revolution for over a week. I had gotten everything ready but was too scared to start. Trust me. You just need to do it and today is the perfect day!

Jamie Oliver started Food Revolution Day in 2012 to inspire and motivate the world to start a movement and a conversation about good food. Access to nutritious food is every child’s human right. Over the last four years the Food Revolution Ambassadors have done all kinds of awesome events but, this year’s activity is what I am the most passionate about. This year, for Food Revolution Day, Jamie has given us 10 of his Food Revolution recipes that together can teach anyone the skills we need to feed ourselves and our families good, nutritious food. Teaching a generation of moms to cook that somehow missed learning those skills is what really resonates with me. It is why I started this whole thing in the first place. So, that’s what we are going to do! We’re going to cook these recipes together. We’ll start with the omelette recipe. Ready, class?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment