Thursday, May 19, 2016

Step 3: Getting Ready

 Step 3: Getting Ready

May 19, 2016

The next step is to make sure your kitchen is ready. Jamie has a great section in the front of his Food Revolution book that lists what he thinks you need to be an efficient cook. It was a great help when I was getting ready to start my Food Revolution.

Below is my list of things that I think are “must haves” in your kitchen. There are a few things that I would suggest saving up to splurge on good quality items. I have starred those below.

  • Pots & Pans*: Splurge on these! Any “set” should have all that you need but minimum should include: medium and large sauce pans, a frying pan, a dutch oven and an extra large pan with high sides. If you can, get a grill pan, it will change your life!
  • Knives*: Another item you should splurge on if you can. Good knives are essential for efficiency and safety too. Be sure to take good care of your knives as well.
  • Mixing bowls
  • metal tongs
  • Cooking utensils: spoon, spatula, slotted spoon, wooden spoon, whisk, ladle
  • Prep utensils: vegetable peeler, measuring cups, measuring spoons
  • Large cutting board
  • Colanders and strainers
  • can opener 🙂
  • food processor: I have a big one and a small one that is an attachment to my mixer.
  • blender*
  • salad spinner (such a time saver!)
  • Baking sheets and pans: these items you can add as you go and build up your stash
  • garlic press: Life changing! I couldn’t live without mine. Isn’t that crazy?
  • citrus press: I hate picking lemon and lime seeds out of my food. This little gadget is awesome!
  • Grater: Food processor with an attachment could substitute for this

That’s it! Now we are ready to get started!

Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment